Located on the first floor of the Library, the Virtual College exists to support the online programs at Rio Hondo College. Our primary mission is to assist faculty plan, develop, implement, maintain, and improve online courses. In addition, the Virtual College provides support for online students, facilitates the use of campus services by online students, and maintains the college web site. Services are provided to the campus community both online and in person.
- Provide consulting and training on technologies that support online learning
- Use knowledge and expertise of learning strategies and technology to assist faculty in applying technology to their programs
- Keep the online community informed about technological trends and opportunities affecting online instruction
- Help faculty to use emerging technologies to improve teaching and learning
- Expand the number of online, hybrid, and web-enhanced courses
- Expand the number of online services available to students and coordinate student access to online services.